Last week, I published my survey of the new 70124 Disney Minifigures (series 2), and after reviewing the series, I still have a complete set…as well as another without Donalds nephews, as each box only contains 2 sets of Huey, Dewey and Louis. It must be time to give these away, and free up some space at home. Read on to find out what you need to do…
- Build a habitat on an 8×8 plate for at least one Disney minifigure to go into.
- Design a ‘minifigure habitat,’ to suit one of the Series 2 Minifigures, on an 8×8 plate base, up to 8 bricks tall. The habitat has 2 adjacent walls ‘bricked in’ with the brick’s color and texture being the choice of the builder. These habitats are designed to interlink. Elements may protrude beyond the borders of the cube, but should not do so excessively. Follow the template below, and feel free to ask questions if you are uncertain.
- You must use placeholder figures to convey the place where you wish to place the Disney figure(s). State which Disney Figure(s) belong in the Habitat
- Digital entries are allowed.
These habitats are angled to the viewer, and are designed to interlink and stack. Here is the basic template, demonstrated by Handoko Setyawan.
If you checkout his Flickr account, you can see how this was used to stack together OVER 1500 habitats at the 2018 Sydney Brickshow.
Here is another example, demonstrating the use of the interlinked modules to support a theme – each module representing different rooms in a house, built by Sue Ann Barber:
- You may submit up to three entries, but are only eligible to receive one prize.
- Submit up to 2 photos, either via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), Facebook messenger, Instagram or Twitter (using the hashtag #ramblingdisneyhabitats)
- Entries close 2400 UTC on May the 12th, 2019.
In addition to the minifigures, we have the opportunity to give out sets from the online LEGO Store, thanks to the LEGO Group’s community engagement team.
- The Grand Winner will receive a set of Disney Minifigures, €100 shopping spree at shop.lego.com. (value determined at the German LEGO store)
- The first runner up will receive their 8 preferred figures from the remaining partial set (Huey Dewey and Louie are not available here) and a €75 shopping spree.
- The second runner up will receive the remaining figures from the partial set and a €70 shopping spree.
- Habitats must be original builds for this competition, and not previously displayed: online or otherwise.
Judging will be performed by a panel of past prize winners from Rambling Brick Competitions. Judges are welcome to build submissions, and not have it considered for entry.
- Criteria include creative use of parts, appropriateness of the habitat for the figure, overall design and creativity.
- Photos may be reposted on social media by the Rambling Brick, with builder’s credit.
- Entries must comply with the LEGO Brand Values (see general T’s and C’s)
- General terms and conditions for Rambling Brick’s competitions can be found here
There are some great characters in the second series of Disney Minifigures, and I look forward to seeing what a creative group of readers can achieve. Please share this contest with your friends and community. The habitat standard used is also a great way to get a community build together, or to tell a story. If you have any questions regarding the competition, ask in the comments below, or send me a message. Until next time…