The LEGO Group have announced that they are re-releasing 10189 Taj Mahal as set 10256. Unlike the previous version, it will not supplant the Millennium Falcon UCS as the largest set ever released. The piece count is almost identical to the 2008 classic, which has been soaring on the secondary market in recent years. This rerelease represents the third major rerelease in the last 18 months (including the Death Star, and Millennium Falcon), and continues the Creator Expert Landmark series which has seen London Bridge, Westminster Palace/Big Ben and the Sydney Opera House released in recent years.
The set will be available from lego.com on November 27 2017, just in time for an anxiety provoking pre-Christmas order if you are dependent on international shipping! It will cost $AUD 499.95. More images and press release after the break…
10256 Taj Mahal
Ages 16+. 5,923 pieces.
US $369.99 – CA $449.99 – DE 329.99€ – UK £299.99 – DK 2699.00 DKK
*Euro pricing varies by country. Please visit shop.LEGO.com for regional pricing.
Discover the architectural wonder of the Taj Mahal!
Build and discover the Taj Mahal! The huge ivory-white marble mausoleum, renowned as one of the world’s architectural wonders, was commissioned in 1631 by the Emperor Shah Jahan in memory of his wife, the Empress Mumtaz Mahal. This relaunched 2008 LEGO® Creator Expert interpretation features the structure’s 4 facades with sweeping arches, balconies and arched windows. The central dome, subsidiary domed chambers and surrounding minarets are topped with decorative finials, and the raised platform is lined with recessed arches. The model is finished with ornate detailing throughout and intricate tilework around the base. With more than 5,900 pieces, this set is designed to deliver a rewarding building experience and makes a great display piece for the home or office.
• LEGO® interpretation of the real-world architectural wonder, the Taj Mahal.
• Relaunched 2008 model, featuring 4 facades with arches and arched windows; central dome, 4 subsidiary domed chambers and 4 minarets, all topped with decorative finials; raised platform lined with recessed arches; ornate detailing throughout; and intricate tilework around the base.
• Divides into 7 modular sections for easier transportation.
• Put your LEGO® building skills to the test with one of the largest LEGO models ever created!
• Special elements include 6 blue 16×32 baseplates, white 1x5x4 bricks with bow, lots of transparent elements, ‘Erling’ bricks and ‘jumper’ plates.
• Measures over 16″ (43cm) high, 20″ (51cm) wide and 20″ (51cm) deep.
Available for sale directly through LEGO® beginning
November 27, 2017 via shop.LEGO.com, LEGO® Stores
Is this one for you to pick up? Is it going on your Christmas list? Did you build the original? Share your thoughts in the comments below.