At the end of September, the Annual Skærbæk LEGO® Fan Weekend was to be taking place. In conjunction with this, there was to be a Fan day at the LEGO House. It was at this event in 2017 that the house was officially opened.
Fresh from their successes with the LEGO House Virtual History Collection Tours over the last few months, the team have just announced that this year’s Fan Day is going Virtual. The presentations for LEGO Fans will now available to a worldwide audience:
[From the LEGO House Team]
COVID-19 keeps changing our plans – but for once something nice also comes out of it. Unfortunately LEGO House has had to change our long planned AFOL day on the 24th September into a digital experience. This is extremely disappointing for all the AFOLs who purchased a ticket and had been looking forward to a great experience in connection with the Skaerbaek Fan Weekend. The positive side effect is that the digital fan day will be available for everybody all over the world!
Participants are very welcome to participate in all three hours if they have the time – and enough coffee at hand. But they are also very welcome to tap in and out of the day as it suits them – and their time zone.
The host for the day will be play agent Emil Saaby, and he’ll introduce all speakers and do his best to ask your questions to the speakers. We would already now encourage everybody to think about the questions they would like to ask, so we can secure smooth sessions.
Please find the programme for the 24th September 2020 at this link – and please note: we would like participants to sign-up for the individual sessions:
Here is the Program:
- 13.00 – 13.45 CEST (Billund time) Q&A with Poul Schou, LEGO A/S, Senior Vice President Product Development
- Poul is looking forward to getting your questions about Product Development. He is heading up the Product Development of Product Group 2 and has been in the LEGO Company for more than 30 years.
- 13.45 – 14.00 CEST (Billund time) LEGO House: New MOCs in Yellow Zone
- Masterbuilder Stuart Harris will introduce some of the new cool models which have just now been installed in the Yellow Zone of LEGO House.
- 14.00 – 14.45 CEST (Billund time) LEGO Building Instructions with Kim Yde Larsen, Senior Director Building Instruction Experience
- Meet Kim, who is an expert on Building instructions. In this session you can discover how important BIs are to make a great building experience and the evolvement of Building instruction moving into the digital area.
- Session: 14.45 – 14.55 CEST (Billund time) Status from Skærbæk Fan Weekend
- Skærbæk Fan Weekend was unfortunately also forced to cancel due to COVID-19. Stephan Sander will talk about the 2020 situation and explain what happened.
- 15.00 – 16.00 CEST (Billund time) LEGO Quality with Bjarke Schønwandt, Quality Director
- Get the latest update and overview on LEGO quality and ask your questions about quality directly to Bjarke – who by many AFOLs is known as Director of Perceived Quality.
It sounds like a fantastic programme. Registration is free, and is now open! I highly recommend you sign up, and set your calendar reminders now! And until next time…