Last week I presented my review of the Series 19 Minifigures. There are some great figures in this set, as well as some interesting accessories.
Now, I was sent a complete box of figures, but only really want one of the 3 complete sets in the box, so as with the Disney figures earlier in the year, I would like to run a competition, similar to the last.
Yes, build a minifigure habitat for one of the series 19 minifigures. This is an 8×8 plate, with one side and one back wall, designed to stack with others. You can have a little overhang over the open edges, but not extend more than 8 bricks above the plate at the base.
- Build a habitat on an 8×8 plate for at least one Series 19 minifigure to go into.
- Design a ‘minifigure habitat,’ to suit one of the Series 19 Minifigures, on an 8×8 plate base, up to 8 bricks tall. The habitat has 2 adjacent walls ‘bricked in’ with the brick’s color and texture being the choice of the builder. These habitats are designed to interlink. Elements may protrude beyond the borders of the cube, but should not do so excessively. Follow the template below, and feel free to ask questions if you are uncertain.
- You must use placeholder figures to convey the place where you wish to place the figure(s). State which Figure(s) belong in the Habitat
- Digital entries are allowed.
What’s a minifigure habitat?
essentially, it is a stacking format, in which you build a vignette to suit one (or more) of the minifigures from season 19. Here is a general concept, demonstrated by Handoko Setyawan:
- You may submit up to three entries, but are only eligible to receive one prize.
- Submit up to 2 photos, either via email (email@example.com), Facebook messenger, Instagram or Twitter (using the hashtag #ramblinghabitats19)
- Entries close 2400 UTC on October the 6th, 2019.
In addition to the minifigures, we have the opportunity to give out sets from the online LEGO Store, thanks to the LEGO Group’s community engagement team.
- The Grand Winner will receive a set of Series 19 Minifigures, LEGO worth €100 at shop.lego.com. (value determined at the German LEGO store)
- The first runner up will receive their 8 preferred figures from the remaining set and up to €75 worth of LEGO.
- The second runner up will receive the remaining figures from the second set and up to €70 worth of LEGO.
- Habitats must be original builds for this competition, and not previously displayed: online or otherwise.
Judging will be performed by a panel of past prize winners from Rambling Brick Competitions. Judges are welcome to build submissions, and not have it considered for entry.
- Criteria include creative use of parts, appropriateness of the habitat for the figure, overall design and creativity.
- Photos may be reposted on social media by the Rambling Brick, with builder’s credit.
- Entries must comply with the LEGO Brand Values (see general T’s and C’s)
- General terms and conditions for Rambling Brick’s competitions can be found here
We have so many great figures to choose from, who might be active in different environments. To get you started, here are some examples from our Disney Habitat contest, run earlier in the year…these were the prize winning entries from Aiden, Catrin and Tim.
The goal is to tell your story in a single habitat. If you can join 2 together in a meaningful way, that is acceptable.
ENTRIES CLOSE on the 6th of October 2019, at 2400 UTC, so get building. I look forward to seeing what you put together! We had some great entries last time: I’m sure we can get some more this time round.
Feel free to share your entries, as well as news of this contest online. Use the tag #ramblinghabitats19. And until next time,