For about a year now, the LEGO® social media feeds have been teasing the forthcoming release of the largest LEGO set ever. Starting with a silhouette on the ‘UCS’ Death Star box last year, new (official) information has been arriving more and more frequently. The set comes with the thickest instruction manual ever. And the Biggest box. And then, last week, we saw a trailer hinting at some of the elements present. This set has been subject to excessive speculation as to its exact nature: the included minifigures and how it will differ from previous versions of this particular subject matter.
This is not that set. It is however, another set in a series that has almost always impressed… except that one year when the LEGO® Group rereleased a set from several years earlier.
That’s right, today the LEGO® Group released details of the 2017 Winter Village set: the 10259 Winter Village Station. Now last year’s Winter Holiday Train will have somewhere to stop!
Launch date for the Winter Village Station at shop.LEGO.com and LEGO Stores is October 1 with VIP Early Access starting on September 14. The Australian price is confirmed at $AU119.99
More images, and the press release follow after the break.
The designer video can be seen here:
Here is the Press Release:
10259 Winter Village Station
Ages 12+. 902 pieces.
US $79.99 – CA $99.99 – DE 69.99€ – UK £74.99 – DK 649.00 DKK
*Euro pricing varies by country. Please visit shop.LEGO.com for regional pricing.
Head home for the holidays with the Winter Village Station!
Head for home with the festive Winter Village Station holiday set, featuring a snowy railroad station with wreath adorned lampposts and clock tower, platform, mailbox, green trees, snowy grade crossing with twin barriers and lights, and a beautiful, festively decorated bus with opening doors and a luggage rack with removable luggage and gift wrapped packages. This LEGO® Creator Expert model also includes a ticket counter with a timetable and a transaction counter window with room for sliding out tickets to travelers, plus a coffee shop with a serving hatch and a detailed interior with an espresso machine, cups, cash register and a menu. Includes 5 minifigures.
- Includes 5 minifigures: a bus driver, barista, grandmother, child and a ticket agent.
- The festively adorned Winter Village Station features a snowy train station with a clock tower, platform, coffee shop, ticket counter, grade crossing with twin barriers and lights, lampposts, mailbox and green trees, plus a bus.
- Ticket counter features a timetable and a transaction counter window with room for sliding out tickets.
- Coffee shop features a serving hatch and a detailed interior with espresso machine, cups, cash register and a menu.
- Bus features festive decoration, opening doors, luggage rack with removable luggage and gift wrapped packages, and a removable roof for accessing the detailed interior.
- Drive the happy passengers to the station.
- Raise the barriers to cross the track.
- Grab a newspaper and relax with a warm espresso from the cozy coffee shop.
- Man the ticket booth, serve the travelers and slide the tickets under the serving window.
- Gather the family for some festive LEGO® building!
- Accessories elements include buildable wreaths and wrapped gifts, plus 2 mugs, ticket, newspaper and an envelope.
- Special elements include new 1×1 round plate with horizontal shaft, 4×6 roof element in dark blue, gray microphone element, printed ticket element and shield elements with printed clock-faces.
- Includes 4 straight track pieces to connect with the LEGO® Creator Expert 10254 Winter Holiday Train.
- Winter Village Station measures over 7” (19cm) high, 11” (28cm) wide and 5” (14cm) deep.
- Grade Crossing when closed measures over 2” (6cm) high, 5” (13cm) wide and 5” (14cm) deep.
- Bus measures over 3” (9cm) high, 5” (15cm) long and 2” (7cm) wide.
There you have it. Is the Winter Village a series that you like to collect? Will the station be a definite purchase for you this year? Will it encourage you to purchase the train as well? Why not leave your comments below.