It’s Sunday evening and I am exhausted. The weekend has been full of unfolding news from the New York Toy Fair: new themes, new sets, new Ideas, new films and new styles of Battle Pack. It’s been an exciting thrill ride. We have touched on a few of these topics over the last few days. However, I think the easiest way to cover the rest of the news is to just wrap it up here. Read on for further details.Continue reading
In the run up to this weekend’s New York Toy Fair, a surprise announcement: the release of a new theme: LEGO Hidden Side
On display for the first time at the NY Toy Fair, this new theme takes the physical play of a brick built set, and combines it with an augmented reality game, while our heroes Parker and Jack explore their hometown of Newbury, solving puzzles with the aid of their mobile phones. There will be eight new sets, due for release around August, which can be used in conjunction with the phone app to enhance the play experience.
Kids, LEGO bricks and puzzles to solve: what’s not to love?
What do we know?
- The LEGO® Hidden Side universe takes place in the fictional town of Newbury
- The main characters, Jack and Parker, are teenage bloggers; through an app on their mobile phones, they can see the unseen
- The play mission:LEGO Hidden Side challenges children to join a fearless team of ghost hunters, who dare see the unseen and help turn a haunted world back to normal one ghost at the time.
- Through the game, children can explore the hidden, solve mysteries and catch the ghost
- Ages: 7+
- The product launches globally, though launch dates may vary depending on markets .
- iPhone 6s and up; Also on Android
- The app works on both mobile and tablet devices. However, the play experience has been designed with mobile in mind, to facilitate children’s ability to play with one hand in each world – playing with the LEGO set and holding the device at the same time.
- More information, as it comes to light on the new theme’s web site: https://www.lego.com/en-us/themes/hidden-side
Details of the sets, as well as the press release follows the break.Continue reading