Over the last few years, we have come to expect to see new Harry Potter sets appearing around the middle of the year. In 2018, we saw sets released for The Philosopher’s Stone and The Chamber of Secrets. In 2019 we saw sets pertaining to The Prisoner of Azkaban as well as The Goblet of Fire. You might almost think that a pattern was appearing. So you might not be surprised to learn that, this year, we have some sets relating to The Order of the Phoenix, as well as the Half Blood Prince.
We have some locations that we have not seen before, as well as a a few being revisited after an absence of many years. The sets will be released inJune, around much of the world, and August in the USA.
So, What Do We Have Coming This Year?
LEGO® Harry Potter™ Hogwarts™ Room of Requirement (75966)
LEGO® Harry Potter™ Hogwarts™ Room of Requirement – Slide the panel to reveal the hidden entrance to the Room of Requirement and join Harry Potter, Hermione Granger and Luna Lovegood for secret Defense Against the Dark Arts practice! Not so much a room as a wall we see the arrival of new patronuses (Patronodes? Patronii?), an otter as well as a hare. There also appear to be a pair of ‘energy blast ‘ elements – perfect for casting spells at the hooded target.
- For children aged 7+
- 193 pieces
- The full model, when connected, measures over 2″ (7cm) high, 7″ (19cm) long and 2″ (6cm) deep. The different sections of the set can be attached in a variety of configurations to inspire new ways to play.
- Includes 3 minifigures: Harry Potter, Hermione Granger and Luna Lovegood.
- 19.99 €/$
LEGO® Harry Potter™ Forbidden Forest: Umbridge’s Encounter (75967)
Trick Professor Umbridge into entering the Forbidden Forest and introduce her to Grawp and a few centaurs. This is the first time we have seen Grawp in LEGO form, and the first appearance of Delores Umbridge in a set since the 5378 Hogwarts Castle in 2007. She appeared more recently in the 2018 Bricktober minifigure collection. This is also the first time that we have seen the Centaurs from the Forbidden Forest in minifigure form.
- For children aged 8+
- 253 pieces
- The full model measures over 4” (12cm) high and Grawp stands over 5” (13cm) high, providing a magical large-scale model for use as part of kids’ role-play adventures or on display in their rooms.
- Includes 3 minifigures: Harry Potter, Hermione Granger and Dolores Umbridge.
- 29.99 €/$
LEGO® Harry Potter™ Hogwarts™ Astronomy Tower (75969)
Visit Potions Master Horace Slughorn’s classroom and office, check out the magical mandrake in the greenhouse, then explore the Ravenclaw dorm and the cool astronomy equipment.
In the past, there have been very few sets tying in specifically with Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. The astronomy tower includes both Professor Slughorn’s office, a Ravenclaw dormitory as well as the tower itself – providing an opportunity to revisit the climactic chapter. The absence of Snape and Dumbledore minifigures in this set would suggest that the decision was made to not revisit the death of Dumbledore.
- For children aged 9+
- 971 pieces
- The model measures over 15” (40cm) high, 11” (29cm) wide and 6” (17cm) deep and connects seamlessly with LEGO® Hogwarts™ sets 75953, 75954 and 75948.
- Includes 8 minifigures Harry Potter, Hermione Granger, Horace Slughorn, Luna Lovegood, Neville Longbottom, Ron Weasley, Lavender Brown and Draco Malfoy.
- 99.99 €/$
- $AUD 179.99
LEGO® Harry Potter™ 4 Privet Drive (75968)
Explore 4 Privet Drive, the Dursley family’shome, and discover a whirlwind of excitement!
Previously seen in 2002, in 4728- Escape from Privet Drive. This set seems set to revisit the Chamber of Secrets, with Dobby warning Harry not to return to HogwartsAs well as Ron, Harry and Uncle Vernon, we also have Dudley, Petunia and Dobby mini figures. The Ford Anglia has come similarity, with regards to the chassis as that seen in 75953-Hogwarts Whomping Willow, although there are some changes with regard to the rear pillar/window.
- For children aged 8+
- 797 pieces
- The house measures over 6” (17cm) high, 6” (16cm) wide and 4” (12cm) deep and the car is over 4” (12cm) long. The large scale and authentic detail make this playset ideal for display as well as hands-on play.
- Includes 6 minifigures: Includes 6 minifigures – Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, Dudley Dursley, Vernon Dursley, Petunia Dursley and Dobby.
- 69.99 €/$
LEGO® Harry Potter™ Hedwig™ (75979)
Capture the magical personality and elegant movement of Hedwig, the celebrated owl from theHarry Potterfilms. Available exclusively from Barnes and Noble in the US and many other retailers globally.
- For children aged 10+
- 630 pieces
- With a wingspan of over 13” (34cm) and a beak-to-tail measurement of over 7” (20cm), this mechanical Hedwig™ collectible LEGO® set makes an impressive display that is sure to be the center of attention.
- 39.99 €/$
- $AUD 69.99
LEGO® Harry Potter™ Attack on The Burrow (75980)
Explore the crazy, colourful Weasley house with Harry, Ron and the rest of the family and help protect it from the Death Eaters. Available exclusively from Target in the US and many other retailers globally.
Last visited in 2010 (4840), this updated Burrow looks a little more rickety than its predecessor. I love the jaunty angel of the upper levels.
- For children aged 9+
- 1,047 pieces
- The Weasley family house measures over 13” (34cm) high, 8” (22cm) wide and 7” (18cm) deep.
- Includes 8 LEGO® minifigures: Ron, Ginny, Arthur and Molly Weasley, Nymphadora Tonks, Bellatrix Lestrange, Fenrir Greyback and Harry Potter
- 99.99 €/$
Today, the LEGO Group and Warner Bros. Consumer Products have revealed a new range of enchanting playsets for fans of the Wizarding World. Packed to the brim with delight and mystery, these captivating playsets will help bring the Wizarding World to life in a way that only LEGO play can do.
Featuring well-knowncharacters, creatures and locations familiar to every would-be Hogwarts student in waiting, the new LEGO sets help young builders create adventures of their own. The sets provide opportunities for endless fun as fans help Harry, Ron, Hermione and their faithful friends reenact beloved moments from the films.
These new LEGO sets will enable fans of the Wizarding World to explore Hogwarts in a new and exciting way. They can discover the entrance to The Room of Requirement, lure Professor Umbridge to the Forbidden Forest, gatecrash the Ravenclaw dormitory and explore the Hogwarts Astronomy Tower.
And the adventures extend beyond the Hogwarts theme…through their play, fans will be able to release Harry from the cupboard under the stairs at 4 Privet Drive, send Hedwig off to deliver an important message or explore the enchanted nooks and crannies of The Burrow.
Spanning adventures from across the seven Harry Potterfilms, the new sets will go on sale from June 1stin select regions (August 1stin the United States) and will be available to pre-order from 30thApril in select regions from LEGO.com and selected retailers globally.
Marcos Bessa, LEGO® Harry Potter™ Design Lead commented: “Each year we get the chance to recreate some of the most action-packed and exciting settings from the films. We hope these new products inspire young builders around the world to believe anything is possible as they act out their own adventures in the Wizarding World.”
There you have them, I am delighted to see some less magical locations included this year, particularly Privet Drive: of course, it still comes with a little bit of magic attached!
What do you think of these new sets? I’d love to know: Why not leave your thoughts below, and until next time,