Once Upon a Time, there were two LEGO® Fans who had an Idea.
Grant had the Idea first, to make a pop-up book out of LEGO bricks. Then he reached out to Jason, who had an Idea before. They told their friends about the Idea, and those friends told their friends. Eventually, a Lot of People said that the Idea was good.
This meant that the Idea was taken to be read and reviewed by the wise people, who had to work out if the it could be made Real. After much thought, it was announced to be so. The designers went to work: taking the Idea, and striving to produce a set that more than ten thousand people would want.
The designers explored stories they had heard as children and set out to tell two of them: one with the Girl in the Hood, and one with Jack, who had sold his mother’s cow for Beans. They designed scenery which could sit in the Book, and then spring to life whenever it was opened. The scenery could be swapped out, depending on the Story to be Told.
With each story came some special figures, to help tell the story. The designers found five figures to include.
They changed the colour of the cover, and added some fancy framing and lettering, and made sure there was room to tell the Stories of the Builders.
Finally, in November, more than two years after the Idea was first presented, the time had come for the Reality if the Idea to become available to the people. And so more stories were told, and shared across the land.
Congratulations to Grant Davis and Jason Alleman on their successful journey from Idea to LEGO Set. Both Grant and Jason will be at a Pre-Release Signing event on 27th October 2018, ahead of the official release. This event will take place at the LEGO Store @ Washington Square shopping centre, 9410 SW Washinghton Sq Rd #K11, Tigard, Oregon, USA
21315 Pop-Up Book
Ages 12+. 859 pieces
US $69.99 – CA $89.99 – DE 69.99€ – UK 59.99£ – FR 69.99€ – DK 599DKK – AU $109.99
*Euro pricing varies by country. Please visit shop.LEGO.com for regional pricing.
Enjoy 2 classic fairy tales with this brick-mazing pop-up LEGO® book!
Build, play and display the classic fairy tales Little Red Riding Hood and Jack and the Beanstalk with LEGO® Ideas 21315 Pop-up Book! This first-ever buildable pop-up book made from LEGO bricks opens to reveal the famous scene of grandmother’s forest cottage featuring opening door, bed and kitchen area. Recreate the scene when Little Red Riding Hood meets the wolf or swap out grandmother’s cottage for the scene of the giant’s castle in the clouds. This collectible toy features enough bricks to build both scenes or you can even build a scene of your own and makes a perfect creative gift. This LEGO set includes a booklet with a short history of pop-up books, a condensed history of each fairy tale in the set, as well as information about its fan designers and LEGO designers.
- Includes 4 new-for-November-2018 LEGO® minifigures: Little Red Riding Hood, Grandmother, the Wolf, and the Giant.
- Also includes 1 new-for-November-2018 microfigure: Jack. First pop-up book in LEGO history features 2 different LEGO fairy tale stories: Little Red Riding Hood and Jack and the Beanstalk.
- Build and display or recreate your own stories from 2 classic fairy tales with this imagination toy.This LEGO® Ideas set features enough bricks to build both fairy tales in the set or you can even build your own scene.
- Includes a booklet featuring building instructions, a brief history of pop-up books, a short history of the 2 fairy tales in the set, plus information about this amazing classic fairy tale’s fan designers and LEGO® designers.
- Pop-up book measures over 7” (20cm) long and 5” (13cm) wide when closed, and over 11” (28cm) wide when open.
- 859 pieces – LEGO Ideas playset for boys and girls aged 12+ and for fans and big kids of all ages;
- This LEGO Ideas 21315 Pop-up Book building toy can be built together with all other original LEGO sets and LEGO bricks.Build and display or recreate 2 of the best known and most cherished classic fairy tales with this LEGO set: Little Red Riding Hood and Jack and the Beanstalk. You can even build your own scene and mount it in the book
This inspirational Ideas submission has finally come to pass: the book has great potential to be used as a starter point for story telling, and it will be easy for LEGO fans to build their own scenery, to tell other favourite stories. I am fond of the large reddish brown tile, and hope to see that it has a lovely big print on it. the final model appears to be about the same size as the original submission, but a little more detail has been added to Grandma’s cottage.
What do you think of this Ideas set? It it arriving just in time for Christmas? Or will you pick it up sometime sooner? Why not leave your thoughts below, and share this post with your friends.
Until Next time